Our Building

According to Wilfred Lyons, who was born in Cambria in 1912…

The house was built in the 1930’s by Helen & “Doc” Galbraith who had a dairy across the creek in the back. They sold their milk in glass bottles from the house.

In the 1950’s, Albert & Elsie Fear lived in the house. They had a jewelry store next door.

Sometime after that, the Truax’s moved in. They had a shop next door called the Whittle Haus. Chef Deborah and her father and brother used to frequent the shop when she was a child to purchase carved birds and animals. The Truax’s son, Dr. JohnTruax, is now the vet for Chef Deborah’s three cats, one of which is black.

Follow Us: